Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hakirah

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say that I subscribed to Hakirah. The article on Rambam- Mishne torah science and art- by R. Buchman is an absolute must read and deserves any support we can give. It can be found at hakirah.org. [Thank you Yakov].

The issue also includes an important give and take between R. Zucker and R. Slifkin on the issue of the Yesodei hatorah- among French Jewry. In light of this discussion, I highly recommend reading Rambam's letters on French Jewry as well as his letter to the Jews of Marseilles. The essay "Milchamot Hashem" of Rabbenu Avraham Ben Harambam is also highly important in understanding the background of this issue.

8 comments:

Dan said...

Is this magazine only in print? I googled it and nothing came up? How can I subscribe?

Rabbi Jonathan Sacks said...

Dan

You can find it at Hakira.org.

Yaakov said...

Rabbi the website is:
http://hakirah.org/

Yehuda said...

I really enjoy Hakirah as well. I look forward to when the article will be accessible. You can only read the first two pages of the articles of the current issue.

Rabbi Jonathan Sacks said...

Thanks Yakov

Dan said...

Rabbi, where can I find a copy of the letter to French Jewry and the letter to the Jews of Marseilles?

Hagyan said...

Dan,

I happened to have these links open during my break ...

Complete PDF: קובץ תשובות הרמב"ם ואגרותיו

(HTML) איגרת לחכמי קהל עיר מארשילייא

Dan said...

thanks hagyan!